Wondering how to bring joy and cheer to our holiday season? I’d love to share some of my favorite holiday to-dos!
Nothing like admiring all the beautiful lights that brighten up the holiday season. These displays of Christmas lights are a MUST for your holiday bucket list.
1) L.A. Zoo Lights: Starting on November 16th, L.A.’s liveliest holiday tradition will shine brighter than ever! View real reindeer, visit with Santa on select dates, collect seasonal treats and goodies, and enjoy the dazzling lights.
2) Thoroughbred: Alta Loma / Rancho Cucamonga’s holiday lights on Thoroughbred Street have provided a light show that has captured the hearts of all Inland Empire holiday lovers. Keep an eye out! Homes start decorating after Thanksgiving!
3) Festival of Lights: This year marks the 26th annual Festival of Lights at the Mission Inn Hotel in Riverside, starting on November 23rd! Named the “Best Holiday Festival” in the country, this extravaganza will leave you with an unforgettable holiday experience. Free of charge and plenty to see… don’t miss out on this one!
From LA to Orange County, these parades are the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit! Go with your loved ones, take your children, or enjoy them on your own!
1) Glendora Christmas Parade: It’s “All About Kids” at Glendora’s Annual Christmas Parade! Take your kids and enjoy the award-winning GHS Tartan Band and several groups parade the streets of Glendora with this year’s theme of an “Old Fashioned Christmas.” (December 8, 2018)
2) Covina Christmas Parade: This year’s theme is “My Favorite Christmas Story,” and the Celebrity Grand Marshal is “Snoopy!” (December 1, 2018)
3) Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade and Ring of Lights: Observe the beautifully decorated yachts, boats, kayaks and canoes as they sail along the harbor. Oening and closing night sparkle a little extra with their must-see firework show!
(December 19 – 23, 2018)
4) Huntington Harbor Boat Parade: Support the Philharmonic Society of Orange County’s music education program while enjoying this jaw-dropping boat parade. This year’s theme is ‘A Space Odyssey!’
(December 8 – 9, 2018)
Giving Back This Holiday Season
From Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Years, the holidays are all about gathering with our loved ones to enjoy traditions, reunite after a hectic year, and celebrate everything and everyone we are thankful for. While planning for the holiday season, let’s not forget the spirit of service! YES… this is a call to action to give to those in need! Whether its contributing to your local food bank, helping at food drives, churches, and shelters, or donating money/gifts, anything and everything is a huge help to those who may be struggling this holiday season.
Looking for some food donation ideas? Food banks and shelters are looking for nutritious, non-perishable, holiday-themed items such as: canned vegetables, nut butters, chili, canned stews, canned tuna, canned, cranberry sauces, canned pumpkin, stuffing, dry macaroni, etc. You can even donate your Thanksgiving leftovers! Please avoid junk foods and perishable items!
If you’re looking to donate gifts, check out the back page for a way to bring joy and smiles to several children and families this holiday season.